That is what he really needed. He got money from both of our parents and got some guitar stuff and then is saving the rest for "grown up clothes" once he needs to start dressing more professional during rotations in August.
We went to a little local Mexican restaurant called Corona Village, which was delish.

We stopped at Baby's R Us and looked around at some strollers and car seats. Then our last adventure for the night. We went miniature golfing at Wahooz. And of course I whooped Neal! Haha I can say that on here because he will never know!
Anyways, Happy 27th Birthday Neal!! Hope you had a great day! Love you!
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Neal's Birthday
Neal's birthday was on Memorial Day this year. I was excited to get to spend the whole day with him to celebrate. I had the whole day planned for us. We went to Starbucks for breakfast. Weird, I know. But I had gift cards from my students and since I don't drink coffee and they have yummy breakfast sandwiches I thought it was a good time to use them. So we sat in the coffee shop feeling a bit yuppy-ish enjoying our breakfast.
Next thing planned was to go up to Bogus Basin, a ski resort, 45 minutes out of Boise to do some hiking. It was pretty drive (sorry folks, Utah is still prettier), we could pretty much see the whole treasure valley. As we drove higher, the roads got windier and windier. We were going back and forth, back and forth and it was making me feel a little sick. We were doing this for like 20-25 minutes. I kept asking how much longer, hoping we were close. After another 5-10 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and lost my entire breakfast. There was no where to pull over. So i just did my thing with my head sticking out the window, most of it going down the side of Neal's car, luckily the outside and not the inside.
Finally there was a pull out zone. We stopped. I cleaned up a bit, got some water, and was feeling ready to go. At this point we were pretty much to the top and Neal wanted to turn around and go back down. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I needed to get out of the car and get some fresh air. So up we went. And some more puking I did, this time mostly water. We made it. Neal was worried about me, but I felt fine, just a little weak. I hate an apple and we hit the slopes. I was planning on doing a trail once we got up there, but Neal really wanted to scope out the slopes. He was worried about his pregnant wife the whole time and I was feeling bad for puking on his birthday. Despite the puking, we had a great time.
I wasn't looking forward to the drive down. I laid back the seat and I have never seen Neal drive so slow. He kept looking over at me, like is she going to hurl again, but I didn't. I was just embarrassed the whole way home. Once we got out of the canyon there was some kind of race or parade going on, tons of people were out on the streets. And there was puke all down the my side of the car. I would tell Neal not to pull up next to these people or to drive faster. We went to the car wash and that didn't even get it all off. We had to come home and get out the hose and wipe it down.
Anyways, back on with Neal's birthday. We got cleaned up, rested for a bit, Neal opened his presents, and then we went to dinner.
I didn't get Neal anything too exciting. Just some new shoes, socks, shorts, and a few shirts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment