Sunday, June 17, 2012

Twenty Three

I had a great birthday this year! I worked all day and partied all night. Haha. My day went something like this. I woke up and got ready like normal. Except at 8:32, the time I was born 23 years early, I stopped and sang Happy Birthday to myself. Haha just kdding, I am not that crazy. Maybe if I wasn't running late and hurrying to put on my makeup I would have. So I get to work and walk into my classroom and my whole class starts singing Happy Birthday to me and runs up and gives me hugs! So cute! I was very spoiled all day. My good pal from work, Gloria, bought the best cookie cake I have ever had! Neal sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to me.

When they were delivered to my room one of my students said to me, "I want to me a teacher when I grow up so I can get flowers on my birthday." Cute right? I told her she just needed to marry an awesome husband! After work we tried out a new local place up here called Jakers. It was pretty delish! I even got half off my meals cause it was my birthday.

I really wanted to go see The Lucky One, but it started at 9:45 and I am too old to stay up that late and then go to work the next day. So we came back home, Neal got my parents on skype so they could sing Happy Birthday to me and watch me blow out candles on my yummy ice cream cake he got for me (one of my favs)!


Then my parents watched me open up my gifts! It was kind of fun to have them watch, it felt like they were here. It was the first time me and my mom didn't celebrate our birthday's together, which was super sad. I had a hard time knowing what to get this year for my birthday because I didn't know how long any of the clothes would fit. So I got lots of shoes and some cute dresses that I can wear pregnant or not pregnant!


My mom was so sweet and even made sure I had a special birthday treat. She sent my cheese cake and chocolate covered strawberries!

I had a great birthday! (Expect when one of my students' dad asked how it felt to be 30. MEANIE!). I know 23 is going to be a good year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment