Saturday, June 11, 2011

So Cal (part 2)

Day 3: Catalina Island
We headed over to Long Beach to catch the Catalina Express for our hour ride on the Pacific Ocean to Catalina Island.

Catalina reminded me a bit of Cabo San Lucas, but much smaller and nobody trying to sell you things everywhere you went. I liked it here on this little island. It was a bit breezy making it a bit chilly outside. But once we got on our segways for our tour of the island I forgot all about the breeze. Those segways were a blast! I had so much fun! Neal and I were the only ones on the tour. It was very interesting to hear the history behind the island. William Wrigley, as in Wrigley gum and the Wrigley Field, played a huge part of developing Catalina. He has two huge mansions there today.


Us in front of the Avalon Casino (which isn't really a casino).

Look at us no hands!
If you ever get a chance to ride a segway, do it! I highly recommend it!

In order to to get a car to drive on the island you have to put your name on a list for 25 years! In the meantime they just drive golf carts around. Some of these people really pimp there ride!

Just relaxing at the harbor with our friend....NOT
On the way home the Ocean was a bit rough. We had some choppy waters and I was a little bit scared for my life.

Day 4: Newport Beach
I love the beach! I am telling you I really could live in So. Cal. I would wake up every morning and go running on the beach! It would be a great motivator! The hills we have here are not too motivating for me. I loved this day. We rented some beach cruisers and cruised around Newport Beach for about an hour and a half. I could have done it all day! I was having the time of my life! I was having so much fun enjoying the warm sun and the pretty scenery that I forgot to put on sunscreen and I ended up getting fried. But oh well, it turned in too a pretty nice tan, hopefully I just don't get caner now. One of the locals told me to put some apple cider vinegar on it. It worked like a charm. I didn't peel too much and for me I have a good tan. (Compared to my brother I look like a ghost).



After riding around for awhile we relaxed on the beach!

Tried to play in the water, but it was FREEZING!



For dinner we headed up to Anaheim and walked around Down Town Disney.


I thought this was appropriate! :)

Day 5: Whale Watching
Well I wish I had some cool pictures to show you of some whales or dolphins, but unfortunately we didn't get to see anything, but these cute little California Seal Lions:(

We just took a 2 hour cruise out on the ocean! Oh yeah and I got in a fight with a 60 year women. She was the biggest you know what I have ever met. First of all she came and sat down so close to me. I whispered to Neal, "Can she get any closer?". I didn't worry to much about it. Until I stand up to have this picture taken....

I literally stood up, took 3 steps, and turn around while Neal stands up, but does not move away from the bench and our bag was still there, when this witch moves over and takes my seat! I say to her nicely, "Umm, excuse me I was still sitting there." She barks back, "Oh I didn't know you had to make reservations to sit here." She said some other mean things that I can not exactly remember. I looked at her not sure what to say, wondering to myself what has happened to society. Isn't that just common courtesy? So I just went on with what I was doing and Neal takes a picture of me. It really pissed me off and I was really annoyed. I mean who does that? So I stomp over to my seat and I sat on her and then made some room for myself on the bench! Haha. Then she yelled at me some more for sitting on her. And I just acted like I didn't even hear her! Dumb lady! I hope I never meet anyone so rude again!

Our last stop, Laguna Beach. Before our flight took off we went into Laguna Beach for a nice lunch overlooking the Ocean.


Last picture of the trip. The plane ride home!

2 comments: