Our first stop was the Newport Beach Temple. It was gorgeous! I wish I would have got married there! As a missionary Neal got to help open this temple.
We spent the day shopping. That was my birthday present! I didn't have much luck at first. We went to Fashion Island and everything was really expensive. When we saw the $2,000 dollar dress we knew it was time to go shopping elsewhere!
Neal took me out for a nice birthday dinner. I even got a yummy desert and we had an ocean view seat! It was perfect!
After dinner we went to Corona del Mar and had a bon fire. It was so much fun! Because it was Memorial Day lots of people were also having bon fires. What a wonderful way to spend my 22 birthday. Thanks Neal for making it so special and one that I will never forget.
Day 2: Hollywood
I loved Hollywood Blvd! I loved the Walk of Fame, but I am a little sad I didn't find Jennifer Aniston's Star. Maybe she doesn't have one. We went on a tour of Hollywood and our tour guide told us that you pay $30,000 dollars in order to get a star.
On our tour we were taken up to this point where you could see the Hollywood sign and it had an amazing view of LA. We even saw Jason Bateman jogging. Our tour guide said he saw Matthew McConaughey jogging a few weeks ago. I was definitely keeping my eye out for him! :) The house we saw were amazing! We saw the house that Michael Jackson died in, Bill Cosby's HUGE house with a 9-hole golf course as his backyard, the Hilton's, Osborne's, Justin Timberlake's, Tom Cruise's, and many more. They were all unbelievable!
We had a little bit of time before our next tour so we went into the wax museum on Hollywood Blvd. I am not going to lie. It is a little bit creepy! At first, I couldn't tell who was real and who wasn't. And it really freaked me out to look them in the eyes! But we had fun! We have tons of pictures but here our a few favs.
After our tour of Hollywood, Beverly Hill, Bel Air, and Rodeo Dr. We headed over to Warner Brother's studio for another tour. It is pretty cool to see what happens behind the scenes.
We got to see where they were filming Pretty Little Liars, where they filmed Gillmore Girls and Jurassic Park. We got to go on the actual set of the TV series Chuck. I got to go on the stage for the Ellen Show. And the best part of it all was that we got to go on the set of Centrall Perk set. Yes, the Central Perk set of Friends! I was in heaven! It was awesome! It is kinda cool to think that I was standing where Jennifer Aniston has stood many times! You would not believe how small the set was!
We went to a few different museums
This museums was full of cars they have used in different movies. We went to a museum which had costumes and outfits from a bunch of movies and a whole section of Harry Potter. I even got to put on the Sorting Hat and was placed in the Slytherin House. BOO! Neal got placed in Gryffindor!
After our tour we headed out to Santa Monica Pier. We were starving so we grabbed some grub at the pier. I think I embarrassed poor Neal. I hate birds, I am so terrified of them! It is not even funny! I think it is safe to say that I have a phobia of birds. And of course on the pier there were birds everyone. As I was eating the pigeons would get extremely close to me, I was afraid they would walk over my feet. I was a mess. Every time one would get remotely close I would scream. Everybody was looking at me like I was a freak. And Neal the great husband he is shooed them away for me!
We had fun at the pier. We rode on the ferris wheel, on a mini rocket, a roller coaster, and some bumper cars. Me and Neal were acting like little kids. It was great!
On our way home, we took a little detour to the LA Temple.
It is the biggest Temple I have ever seen! And so beautiful!
Well that is it for now. Stay tune for day 3, 4, and 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment