I stole this from one of my friends blog who I went to high school with! She is student teaching this semester too and I couldn't have said it any better!
Reasons why teaching is hard:
*you are standing on your feet all day
*you are an ENTERTAINER for 6+ hours a day
*you come home and still have 4+ hours of work to do
*you aren't just teaching abc's and 123's... you are teaching social skills, communication skills, manners, hygiene, etc. etc. etc!!!
*you are constantly worrying about them
*you are going going going going going....all day.
Reasons why teaching is worth it:
*you get to spend all day with 21 happy, smiling cutie pies
*21 little people look up to you and think you're cool
*you get to watch the light-bulb turn on all day
*you get to see the kids grow and progress everyday
*I am suddenly an amazing writer, reader, oh and did I mention singer and artist? (only in their eyes of course!)
* everyday is filled with little moments that make you laugh so hard you almost cry
Thanks Hannah for blogging this!
I am so sad that I have to say goodbye to my 2nd grade class this week! They have all become my best friends! I am scared out of my mind to go into 5th grade. I feel like I am finally getting the hang of teaching 2nd graders and getting pretty good at it and now I have to switch! I hope I can survive! Only seven more weeks!!!!!
Love it! :) I'm glad you feel the same way!!
ReplyDelete