Friday, September 3, 2010

Meet Gabby


After one year of wishing for a puppy, my wish finally came true! I told Neal that I was just going to come home one day with a puppy and he told me that he wouldn't have any problem with that! I was kind of joking, but after that reply it made me really want to get one. We have both wanted a puppy for a very long time, but because we were renting we weren't allowed (technically we still aren't supposed to have one, OOPS!). So I started looking at KSL everyday for a cute, affordable, puppy. I also got Neal really into it, he was the one who actually found the ad for Gabby. He actually wanted Gabby's brother and told me to contact the lady to see if the male was still available. He was, but someone was interested in him already. I told her we really wanted the male and if it didn't go through to let us know. I was pretty bummed because they both were so cute, but Neal didn't even want to look at the girl. So the next day, we had to go to Salt Lake for a dentist appointment and these pups were in Orem. While I was getting my teeth worked on Neal had talked to the girl and had planned to meet with her to look at these puppies! I was so shocked because it was a long drive and I didn't think Neal was that serious. So we drove down to Orem and saw the cute pups. I first held the girl, Gabby. She was ADORABLE! She was so small and she looked so much cuter than she did in the picture. She just cuddled right up into me. The boy did have a little bit cuter coloring, but he was a little bigger (Gabby was the runt) and he was a little more rambunctious. I fell in love with Gabby right away. Then Neal said ok, we will take her and he pulls out the checkbook! We never carry a checkbook! So that is my story of how I got a dog. I love Neal so much for letting this dream of my come true! He is so sweet to do this for me even though his grandparent told him no about a year earlier (we rent the other side of their duplex). He said he just hated seeing me sad and would know that this puppy would make me happy!

She really has been a lot of fun! She is starting the nip and we try to give her toys, but she loves our hands and toes. She loves to cuddle and be held. She is a scaredy-cat and jumps and hides over every little noise. She has been pretty good about going potty outside, with just a few accidents inside. She hates being left alone and cries when we aren't around. She sleeps in our bed, for now, hopefully we can get her in her kennel soon. It is amazing to me how you can love these little creatures so much! I can't imagine the love you have a baby and I am excited one day to be a mom! It is good practice for us! Neal is so cute with her and it is fun to watch him. He always says to Gabby, "Where is your mom at?", or "Go find your mom." It just sounds so cute! I know that Neal will be a great dad someday!!! They say getting a puppy for your wife make her hold off on wanting to have kids, but I think it make me want to have one more. HAHA Just kidding Neal! And don't get too excited Dad if you read this.

4 comments:

  1. oh yay!! You FINALLY got your puppy! What a CuTiE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your puppy is so cute. I wanted a puppy when I 1st got married but Daniel said no. I said it's either a baby or a puppy. It ended up being a baby. One day we are going to get a puppy though.
    I am so glad you have a blog it's a fun way to stay in contact. We are in Maryland and so far from family it's nice to know whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRit!! I am so glad you finally got your dog! You are so darling and I am glad I just found your blog. you can check mine out but its private so send me your email on facebook k!!
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete