Sunday, December 11, 2011

From Halloween to Now

I dressed up as a Crayon for Halloween this year. I chose a crayon because I knew all my kiddos would know what it was. We had a fun Halloween party at school and all my kids looked so cute! My co-teacher was a crayon box. We looked awesome.



Neal's family has a tradition of making chili and scones so we thought we would keep that tradition going. We had fun making dinner together!


Neal went off studying and I was excited to pass out candy to all the trick-or-treaters. But to my dismay we only had 2 trick-or-treaters come! I was so sad! So Neal took me to go get a pumpkin shake!

The day after Halloween, I got a phone call at 6:55 a.m. from my mom. She was calling to tell me that my Grandma Smith had passed away. The news surprised me. My grandma was old, but she was doing pretty well. I was able to fly down to go to her funeral. I was glad I was able to be there.


I was blessed to have a such great grandma. I have many wonderful memories of her! I will love and miss!

A few weeks later Neal and I went to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving.
We had a good Thanksgiving! We went to Neal's family first and then headed down to my family dinner.

We left early to have our first Black Friday experience. And what an experience it was!!! It was crazy, I have never seen so many people in a store before. We got what we wanted (a 46 inch TV) in a very round about way, but that is a long story! Needless to say, we had a fun, eventful, first Black Friday. Maybe we will try it again next year.


Our new TV, much bigger than our 32 incher.

We saw Arthur Christmas with my family. Didn't really love it, but it was ok!
My best friend from High School was able to take a few pictures for us while we down there. They turned out great! Thanks again Mel!


We had a good Thanksgiving weekend. It was fun to relax and spend time with family. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my amazing husband and the trials that we go through that brings us closer together. I am grateful for my parents. They are great examples and are always there for me. I am grateful for my brothers and the friendship I have with them. I am grateful for my job, even though I complain about it a lot. I am grateful for my health, my friends, Gabby, my little townhouse, and I am extremely grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment