My day as a teacher goes something like this.
Mrs. McGarry can I get a drink?, Mrs. McGarry what are we doing today?, Mrs. McGarry how to you spell grandma?, Mrs. McGarry can I go to the bathroom?, Mrs. McGarry I can't find my paper, Mrs. McGarry I don't have any glue, Mrs. McGarry can I get a drink?, Mrs. McGarry what are we going next?, Mrs. McGarry my dogs name is Snoop, Mrs. McGarry I have an brother name Beau, Mrs. McGarry can I get a drink?, Mrs. McGarry where what do I do next?. Mrs. McGarry can I go to the bathroom?, Mrs. McGarry, Mrs. McGarry, Mrs. McGarry....
You might think I am joking, but I am not. And I spared you a lot of it, that was only the first 15 minutes. Haha! I hear my name a 1,000+ times a day But do you know what? I love my job! I can't imagine doing anything else. I am sad that school ends in three days. Here is one small example of why I love teaching. There is something constantly happening that reminds me why I chose this as my career. So, ,y second graders were guessing how old I was today. Everybody was shouting out different numbers. All of a sudden one boy stands up, very excited, and shouts, "I know, you are 39!" I know he is just an 8 year old, but come on 39? I doubt his mom is even 39. I don't know if I should be offended or not. Then when they found out I was only 21, the same boy says to me, "So you got married last year?" I replied saying, "No I have actually been married for 2 1/2 years. He said, "Oh, I thought you had to be 20 when you got married." Haha I love my job! These kids are so innocent. There isn't a day that doesn't go by where I am not laughing out loud at something these kids say. I could go on all day about some of the they say. Now I just need a job in Idaho! It is a little early still, but I should be hearing soon! I am sick of waiting I just want to start planning and making cute things for my classroom!
Awe this is so cute. I'm sure you're an awesome teacher!
ReplyDeleteI will miss it sooooo much! I miss coming home and telling my husband all the fun things they say. You should start a notebook of all the funny things they say. Tell my class I miss them and that I will be there Friday.
ReplyDeleteThe only questions that was really annoying was: when's lunch or recess? I would always say in about 400 hours and they would laugh and say "no really?"
ReplyDelete