Thursday, December 2, 2010

November's Happening

Well November came and went so fast! We started off November in a pretty special way. Neal's brother and sister-in-law adopted the cutest little boy in April and he was sealed to them on the first Saturday in November. We had the opportunity to go and watch him be sealed to his parents for time and eternity. And oh my gosh! That was the neatest thing that I have ever seen. It was such a neat experience, I am so glad I got to be there to share that special day with them.



Then, my best friend from high school was pregnant and I went to two baby showers for her! I always love getting together with all my friends from high school. We laugh and have fun, it is like we are back in high school again!


She actually had her baby girl a couple of days ago on December 2nd and I went and saw her at the hospital and she seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen! Her name is Jordyn Julette Isaacc. She was 7 lbs 1oz. She is so tiny and so cute!!! Congrats Melanie and Danny!

So when there is a blizzard warning, what do the McGarry's decide to do? You might be thinking staying home, cuddling up, and watching a Christmas movie, but no that's not what the McGarry's do. The McGarry's drive up to Boise, Idaho in the middle of a blizzard! Luckily, it wasn't much of a storm and we made it there safely.


Neal needed to go up there to take a tour of the PA facilities in the Idaho State extension campus before he made his decision between Idaho and Virginia. I guess you could say the trip with worth it because we will be moving to Idaho in July! We are pretty excited and we feel like it is the right thing for us. I am so excited for this adventure, I hope July comes fast!

Next thing that happen was Thanksgiving! We had a great Thanksgiving. We were able to spend time with both families. I am glad that we get to do both, because I would hate it if I had to miss something with my family. So we had a Thanksgiving lunch with Neal's whole family. And then we ate Thanksgiving dinner with my family. They were both at churches and I was dreading that, but we played some basketball with my family and it was so fun! I haven't played forever and I really miss it! I hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving!
(Too bad I didn't take any pictures)

The day after Thanksgiving, we went bowling with Neal's family. I kicked butt the first game, I beat everybody! But then the second game I stunk and got the lowest score! How does that work?


After bowling, we put up our Christmas tree! I love putting up our Christmas tree, it is full of so many memories! We have made it a tradition to buy a Christmas ornament when we go on vacation and then this year we also got a miniature pincher ornament representing Gabby!



Neal and I went to a Christmas parade in downtown Ogden! It was freeezing, but it was fun.





I can't ever blog without saying something about our cute Gabby, but you have to check her out in her cute little sweater! She is adorable!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment